Welcome, my chocolate ants, to this week's Episode Discussion Thread!
- We jump back to the undiscussed Episode 5 because apparently on the other side of the pond, Jeremy Clarkson has tossed away another of those delightful bon mots and the Beeb has had to shelve this week's episode for a bit. I've decided to post it when it runs properly (hopefully it will!)
- This was quite a fun one, and a good panel, featuring the debut of Sarah Millican. Poor Sarah I think seemed a little overwhelmed by the experience, but held her own, even tricking Stephen into downing an ant that proved disastrous for him through the remainder of the taping. I understand her consternation, the dry snarkism of Jimmy Carr and the outright lunacy of Johnny Vegas makes a powerful combination.
- Johnny, despite his general wackiness, seems particularly lucid and understandable this episode! Stephen often appeared completely at a loss to understand his words or his meanings in his first tapings, even though it delighted the other panelists (but gave poor Alan a persistent headache.)
- What in the world was Jimmy wearing? It looks like an uninformed person's idea of casual Eighties clothing.
- Johnny startled all and sundry by his scorpion-induced somersault. I guess he did get powers after all. Now I want to hear the really bad musical about insect eating, too! A couple of Johnny's sung lines from this episode keep arising in my brain. "Half the poison, half the fun!" and "Now I'm an insect syncophant!"
- Alan, shame on you! And it WAS her first taping after all, no personal bodily insertion jokes with anyone until at least the second!
- They never answered it, but now I wonder what moths DID do before humans and artificial light!
Put away the scorpion lollies, it's time for discussing!